Withiel Parish Council
Minutes of the meeting held in the Village Hall at 7.15pm on
Wednesday, 6th March 2013
Present: Cllr J Piper, Cllr M Biddick, Cllr D Hore, Cllr D Hancock. Parish Clerk: Mrs C Wilson.
Also Present: CC Mick Martin, 1 member of the public.
The meeting began at 7.15 when the Chairman welcomed all and invited the public to address the meeting. No one addressed the meeting.
1. Members’ declarations of interest. None.
2. Apologies for absence. Cllr Mather is unable to attend because of work commitments. Cllr Martyn is unwell. Cllr Harper is unwell.
3. Minutes of 20th February 2013. The minutes of 20th February were approved unanimously and signed by the Chairman. Proposed Cllr Hancock. 2nd Cllr Hore.
4. Finance. Payments. Proposed Cllr Hore, 2nd Cllr Biddick, approved.
a. Clerk’s salary, £100.08. Expenses: mileage totalling £9.18 and high capacity black ink cartridge, £33.30. Total £142.56.
b. Bricknells, £48.48. Stamps, paper, document wallets.
5. Review of Financial Regulations.
a. Financial Regulation 3.4. ‘a limit of £100.00’ is changed to ‘a limit of £200.00’. The Item now reads:
The Clerk may incur expenditure on behalf of the Council which is necessary to carry out any repair replacement or other work which is of such extreme urgency that it must be done at once, whether or not there is any budgetary provision for the expenditure subject to a limit of £ 200.00 (two hundred pounds). The Clerk shall report the action to the Council as soon as practicable thereafter.
With this revision, the Financial Regulations were approved and adopted unanimously, then signed and dated by the Chairman. Proposed Cllr Hore, 2nd Cllr Biddick.
b. In order to comply with 10.b.ii. of our Financial Regulations, it was resolved that the Clerk will send an advertisement in the local magazines for Withiel, Roche, Nanstallon and St. Wenn requesting that businesses put their names forward to be placed on an ‘approved list’. They must be VAT registered and have proof of insurance. The Council will invite tenders for Footpath maintenance from the approved list. Proposed Cllr Hancock, 2nd Cllr Hore.
6. Review of Standing Orders. The Standing Orders were approved unanimously and signed by the Chairman. Proposed Cllr Hore, 2nd Cllr Hancock.
7. Matters for Report.
a. Neighbourhood Plan. Cllr Mather was not present to make a report on any activity in the Parish regarding a Neighbourhood plan. CC Martin reported on Neighbourhood Plans and gave as an example Blisland Parish’s simple approach to making a Plan. See also: http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=31540.
b. PAYE status. The Clerk reports that Withiel Parish Council must be in the PAYE system. The Clerk will call the St Austell office for details and the item will be on the next Agenda.
a. Related correspondence. PA12/10939. Provision of photovoltaic solar park and ancillary infrastructure over approximately 22ha and generating approximately 9.58 MW. This application will be reported to the Strategic Planning Committee for it to decide. The Committee meeting will begin at 10:00 am on 14 March 2013 in the Council Chamber at the Council Offices, County Hall, Truro, TR1 3AY. Notice will be place on website.
b. Planning decisions. [All reported at present.]
c. Planning Applications. [None at present.]
9. PCSO Paynter’s report.
I am delighted to report a zero return on crime for this month. I will be off for most of the second half of the month. PC O’Toole and Sgt Connop are contactable through our 101 call centre number or via our Neighbourhood email email@example.com, they will be pleased to help you. Owing to being on leave, I foresee that the launch of the Farm Watch may well be put back until the end of April.
I am pleased to say that PC Laurie O’Toole (Shoulder Number 4517) has been put on our Neighbourhood Team on temporary attachment to the Rural area. Laurie will be covering the rural area whilst I am off. We also now have a new Inspector. Inspector Robin Hogg, who is now responsible for the Bodmin Sector, will be covering Bodmin and Wadebridge. Inspector Hogg is already in post and, between myself and Sgt Connop, will be kept well up to date with Rural issues.
Laurie will be covering the rural parishes with me during his attachment and hopefully coming along for the rural surgeries. I am especially pleased in so much that it should enable me to get out and about more often and attend the annual meetings in April onwards.
10. Cornwall Cllr M Martin’s report.
• CC Martin said he would not be running again for County Council, though he will remain active on the A30 improvement committee.
• The 52 – 49 vote decision for a 0% rise in Cornwall Council’s budget was the result of political posturing. 156 jobs will go. Privatisation with BT will go ahead.
• As a result of the UK and CC losing their AAA rating, the loans for the A30 improvements at Temple will be more expensive.
• In the parish: Varcoe’s layby is fixed; the drain is uncovered and potholes filled in.
11. Business for the next meeting. None requested.
12. Correspondence & Invitations.
a. Notice of Elections for County Council and Parish Council councillors. If elections are contested the poll will take place on Thursday 2 May 2013. Notices will be posted 20th March. Nomination papers may be presented between 21 March and NOON 5 April; see the posted Notice of Election for more details. Will be posted on notice board and website as of 20th March.
b. Notification of the Intention to issue a Temporary Prohibition of Traffic. St Breock Downs Road, Wadebridge & Bosneives Hill, Withiel, Bodmin. 13th to 17th May 2013 (0730 to 1800 hours). Reason: Surface dressing Works.
c. Race for Life 2013. They hope 5,000 women will take part. See website for details.
d. Personal request by D Whitworth for badges, patches pins etc, depicting the Seals, Coats of Arms,of English Councils for his collection. The Council knows of no such items that could help him. The clerk will reply.
13. Date of Next Meeting: Wednesday 3rd April 2013 @ 7.15 pm (unless prior meeting required re planning applications).
The meeting closed at 8.12 pm with the Chairman thanking all those who attended.
Christine Wilson – Parish Clerk
15th March 2013