- This event has passed.
Great Dorset Steam Fair
22nd August 2019 - 26th August 2019
2019 Great Dorset Steam Fair will begin on
and ends on
- – At over 600 acres, the showground is one of Europe’s largest outdoor event locations.
- – With 1,000 trade stands, 2,000 exhibitors and their families, together with our campers on the public campsites (5,000 caravans and tents) it is estimated that the population living on site amounts to 25,000 people at any one time.
- – Total number of people expected to see the show is in excess of 200,000.
- – To cope with the large crowds the show brings in around 700 portable toilets and has to dispose of around 76,000 gallons of effluent!
- – Around 200 tonnes of rubbish is taken away each year!
- – Each year there are more than 300 paid staff and volunteers working during the five-day show period.
- – Each year we have 360,000 promotional brochures, 65,000 car window stickers and 65,000 posters printed. These are printed 9 months before the show and then distributed over the next few months all around the UK and to overseas destinations.